quality comfort van

Loading...

Do you have carbon monoxide CO in your home?

We see it on the news every year, people being treated in the emergency room for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. If you have even one fuel burning appliance in your home, you should make sure you have a working carbon monoxide (CO) detector installed. Generally, they should be installed on each floor outside sleeping areas as recommended by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Carbon monoxide (CO) is odorless, tasteless, invisible toxic gas that is labeled as the "Invisible Killer".

ALWAYS follow the manufactures’ instructions for maintenance, testing, placement and use.

The CPSC also recommends having ALL your fuel burning appliances inspected yearly by a professional. You should always take inspections and maintenance on gas appliances seriously. Your and your family’s health could depend on it.

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) noted that hundreds of people become ill accidently each year from Carbon Monoxide (CO) due to malfunctioning or improperly used fuel burning appliances. Know the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning:

Moderate Levels: Headaches, confusion, dizziness, becoming nauseous or faint.

Low Levels: Shortness of breath, mild nausea or light headaches.

These symptoms are commonly overlooked as they are like other sicknesses like the flu or food poisoning. If you think you are experiencing carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, you should open all the windows to allow the home to air out, shut down all fuel burning appliances and seek medical attention.

Do you have a NEST thermostat or home automation products? Not only does NEST provide an advanced learning thermostat that will reduce operationg cost of running your air conditioner and heating system, they now offer safety devices like Carbon Monoxide (CO) detectors and smoke detectors that will alert you when batteries are running low or if they alarm via your smartphone or other mobile device.